Easy Check in allows for you to run your live events effectively. You can denote potential attendees by tagging contact records in Infusionsoft. Using Easy Check In you can include in an invitation e-mail a QR code and Printable Badge for your contact to either print out or bring on a mobile device. When the QR code is scanned, the contact is tagged as attended and the check in time can be stored in a custom field. PlusThis provides an admin panel that provides real time data, displaying those who have been marked as attended, who is expected to show and who is marked as a non-attendee.
How to set up the Feature
- Select or create (using the + symbol) the tag that indicates which contact records might show up for the event (ie. are eligible).
- If you will be scanning QR codes, pick or create the tag you want applied to the records when the codes are scanned. If you are going to be scanning QR codes to check in your attendees, you can apply a tag to a contact record when the QR code is scanned.
- If you would like to store the check in time and/or date, create or select either a Date/Time field or a Date field to store the information in.
- Under Badge options select your preferred setup (a preview will display on the right side for you to view) this is to configure the way your badge will look when you print/email it.
- Select (or create) from the drop down which field you would like displayed on the first line under the badge.
- If desired select (or create) from the drop down which field you would like displayed on the second line under the badge.
- If you would like to create a unique QR code for this event, select this box. – If this box is selected, a unique QR code will be created for this specific event. If a unique code isn’t created for each event, the same QR code can be scanned for all of your events, which is useful if you have multiple events with the same registrants.
- Under Check In Page – Configure details for the page that loads when a QR code is scanned.
- If you would like to place a password on the screen to prevent people from scanning their own QR codes and checking themselves in, select this box.
- If you would like to display another page after the QR code is scanned and the registrant is checked in, select this box and title the page and select the fields you would like displayed.
- Configure additional options for the Admin area in PlusThis for your Event Check-in
- If you would like to show your contact’s credit card information on file, select this box and on the admin screen it will display the type and last 4 digits of the card number on file that was most recently added. If you would like to add a new/updated credit card at the time of check in- you can do so if this box is selected.
- On the overview screen, show these additional fields:
- If you would like additional information shown on the overview screen (i.e. company, anniversary, email etc).
- On the “View Details” screen show the status of the following tags
- If you have a specific tag that you would like to see (i.e., elite tag, VIP tag etc) you can choose to display those tags here.
- Name and save your feature.
- All contacts with the eligible tag will be displayed in the list. You can either scan their QR code using any QR code scanning application or manually check in the contacts by searching their name and selecting “Checkin”
If you would like to show your contact’s credit card information on file, select this box and on the admin screen it will display the type and last 4 digits of the card number on file that was most recently added. If you would like to add a new/updated credit card at the time of check in- you can do so if this box is selected.
Additional badge customization features are coming in the future, but for now if you would like that level of customization we would suggest e-mailing the badges by using the snippet (Under Event Menu on the Admin Page for the feature) for use in the Email Builder. This will provide you with the type of customization that you are looking for – as you can merge in any fields you would normally be able to merge into an email.
Printer template for printing badges
Unfortunately you will not be able to use the Brother printer to print out the labels at this time. Right now it is formatted for Avery template 5390 for use with a standard printer.